A command ship was a vessel which served as the flagship of a fleet. Command ships were typically larger and better armed than other warships. The Invisible Hand served as the command ship of General Grievous during the Battle of Coruscant. The Executor-class Star Dreadnought Executor was the command ship of Darth Vader during the Galactic Civil War, and was used in multiple battles including the attack on the Mako-Ta Space Docks, the Battle of Hoth, and the Battle of Endor.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Crystal Crisis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Unfinished Business"
- Darth Maul—Son of Dathomir, Part Two
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Lords of the Sith
- Thrawn, Part V
- Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures – "Darth Vader vs. the Rebel Fleet - Fearsome Fighter Pilot"
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Heir to the Jedi
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First identified as Command ship)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Aftermath (Mentioned only)
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Poe Dameron 16: Legend Lost, Part III