Commander-in-Chief was the title held by a person who exercised supreme control over a military force, typically a head of state. During the Clone Wars, Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine was the commander-in-chief of the Grand Army of the Republic. The Kaleesh General Grievous held the title of Supreme Martial Commander and, therefore, acted as commander-in-chief of the Separatist Droid Armies during the Clone Wars. In the Alliance to Restore the Republic, it was Chief of State Mon Mothma who held that title. Despite not holding a military rank in the Galactic Empire, the Dark Lord of the Sith Darth Vader acted as the commander-in-chief of the Imperial Military.
- Rogue One: Recon A Star Wars 360 Experience (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Embersteel Blade"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return to the Wheel"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Flight of the Arrowhead"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "A Perilous Rescue"
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Escape from Coruscant"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis"
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide (First identified as Commander-in-Chief)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 8 (Helmets: General Grievous)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 24 (Highlights of the Saga: Duel to the Death)
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars Bust Collection 30 (Star Wars Universe: The Emperor's Inner Circle)
- "The Final Order and the Battle of Exegol" – Star Wars Encyclopedia