The Commerce Guild, sometimes referred to as the Commerce Guilds, was a conglomerate of several galactic-scale corporate organizations such as agricorps, retailers, arms manufacturers, shipbuilders, service providers, and the Mining Guild. Headquartered on Felucia, it was nevertheless controlled by the Gossams of Castell. In the time before the First Battle of Geonosis, Shu Mai, a Gossam who was only concerned with power, wealth, and status, used aggressive and unscrupulous tactics to increase her power in the Guild. Ultimately, no one stood in her path to become presidente of the Commerce Guild.
Despite being a competitor to the Corporate Alliance, the Commerce Guild joined the Alliance as well as several other conglomerates in pledging its support and its army to Count Dooku and the Confederacy of Independent Systems shortly before the outbreak of the Clone Wars; Presidente Mai sat on the Separatist Council for the duration of the conflict. While the Guild was not an open backer of the Confederacy, Mai's OG-9 homing spider droids were deployed to fight in the war.
In 19 BBY,[source?] the Separatist Alliance was defeated and Mai was killed by Darth Vader on Mustafar. In 3 BBY,[source?] agents of the Guild attempted to purchase the Phylanx Redux Transmitter during an auction on Cantonica.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Tarkin (Mentioned only)
- Tarkin audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Last Shot (Mentioned only)
- Last Shot audiobook (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Desperate Allies
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 8 (Weapons & Uniforms: Imperial Droids)
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Tales from Vandor
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia, New Edition
- Collapse of the Republic