Computer spikes, also known as data spikes, were electronic devices that, upon insertion into a computer, allowed the user to access classified data and programs. A group of rebels on the Outer Rim planet of Lothal used a computer spike to slice into an Imperial Communications Center and acquire its transmitter. Data spikes were a common tool in the theft of starships, often used to override a ship's defenses. Hondo Ohnaka, however, preferred a different method by which he would load flattering information regarding himself into the vessel's memory bank in an attempt to convince it that it would be fun to let him in.
- Pirate's Price (as data spike)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action" (First appearance)
- Battle to the End (as data spike)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Double Agent Droid"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (as data spike)
- Darth Vader 2
- Doctor Aphra 3
- Aftermath: Empire's End (as data spike)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
- (First identified as computer spike)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections