Concord Dawn was a planet located in the Concord Dawn system, within the Mandalore sector of the galaxy's Outer Rim Territories. The planet was devastated during one of the hundreds of wars it suffered, with roughly a third of its mass blasted out as asteroid-sized debris in its planetary orbit. During the Age of the Empire, Concord Dawn was ruled by the Mandalorian Protectors, under the leadership of Fenn Rau. Concord Dawn was also famous as the homeworld of many elite warriors, including Rako Hardeen.
Concord Dawn, a planet with three moons located in the Concord Dawn system within the Mandalore sector of the Outer Rim Territories, was famous for its elite Mandalorian warriors, and during one of its many wars, much of the planet's southern hemisphere was wiped out, turning into much smaller asteroid chunks.
At some point, the bounty hunter Rako Hardeen was born on the shattered planet of Concord Dawn. Due to his excellent skills as a marksman, Hardeen earned the nickname the "Marksman of Concord Dawn". Bounty hunter and clone template Jango Fett claimed to have been born on Concord Dawn.
Age of the EmpireEdit
Arrival of the rebelsEdit
During the Age of the Empire, the Mandalorian Protectors, a group of Mandalorian warriors who once served the ruler of Mandalore before its Imperial occupation, ruled Concord Dawn along with its third moon, where they set up a camp. Led by Fenn Rau, the Protectors aligned themselves with the Empire. Three years before the Battle of Yavin, an aerial engagement occurred against members of Phoenix Squadron over free passage through the system and to the Lothal sector. The members of the cell escaped, however the Jedi Kanan Jarrus and the Mandalorian Sabine Wren assaulted the Protectors' base.
Rau and Jarrus ended up in conversation, when they realized that both had been involved in the Third Battle of Mygeeto, where Jarrus and his master Depa Billaba were saved by Rau and Skull Squadron from a Separatist attack. After some more encounters with the hiding Wren, who had planted several bombs around the base and had envoked the Mandalorian code, Rau's starfighters were destroyed, however he escaped. In fear of the Empire arriving in their system, Rau allowed the members of the rebellion to pass through.
Destruction of the Mandalorian ProtectorsEdit
Some time later, the Galactic Empire arrived in the system, led by Imperial viceroy Gar Saxon and a squad of Imperial Super Commandos. The Imperial forces later engaged the returning Sabine Wren, Fenn Rau as well as the young Jedi padawan Ezra Bridger when they arrived on Concord Dawn's moon, and eventually all parties fled the area.
- Star Wars Journeys: Beginnings (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Protector of Concord Dawn" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Imperial Super Commandos"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Legacy of Mandalore" (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Armada – Chimaera Expansion Pack (Card: ) (Picture only)
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 2.8 Star Wars Rebels – "The Protector of Concord Dawn"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Box"
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels – "Imperial Super Commandos"