Concordian Crescent Technologies was a company which produced weapons including the WESTAR-35 blaster pistol. During the Clone Wars, their product was popular on the planet Mandalore where it was used by members of the Death Watch group and the Mandalorian Guard. Around five years before the Battle of Yavin, the Mandalorian Sabine Wren used a pair of the company's WESTAR-35s while fighting against the Galactic Empire on the planet Lothal. They also produced a pair of custom fitted WESTAR-34 blaster pistols for the bounty hunter Jango Fett, who bore them in the time leading up to the outbreak of the Clone Wars.
Behind the scenesEdit
Concordian Crescent Technologies was first mentioned in Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide, a reference book written by Adam Bray and published in 2014. Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook, a reference book written by Daniel Wallace and published in 2015 identifies Wren's weapons as Jai'galaar blasters made by MandalTech instead of WESTAR-35s by Concordian Crescent Technologies. As both the Visual Guide, Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger—another 2014 reference book by Wallace—and the official Star Wars Rebels facebook page identify the weapons as WESTARs this article assumes those sources are correct.
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First mentioned)
- Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- ↑ Rebel Journal by Ezra Bridger
- ↑ Sabine's Blasters. Star Wars Rebels (August 20, 2014, 5:00 pm). Retrieved on March 29, 2015, 2:34 pm. "Sabine's blasters are a popular model on Mandalore, but like all of Sabine's gear, they're custom painted." (archive copy created on October 13, 2019) (screenshot)