Condor dragons were flying, carnivorous reptavians native to the craggy cliffs, deserts, and deep woods of Endor's forest moon. They walked on their hind legs and their forearms were used to hold prey. They had bony ridges along their spine, and a wing span of approximately 3 meters.
Though powerful predators, they were not above scavenging for food. They were both nocturnal and diurnal, and, despite their large size, they would only prey on small to medium size creatures, which they captured alive and took back to their caves. They flew off from high buttresses and hunted in a spiral swoop. They attacked with a spine-tingling screech.
They were known to snatch Ewoks right off the backs of their riding ponies, though this was rare as the condor dragons would likely view the rider and pony as one creature, and therefore too large for it to carry. They did not eat ponies, as they were unpleasant to their taste. They did eat giant cave "spiders".
Behind the scenesEdit
According to Ewoks: The Battle for Endor co-director Ken Wheat, the condor dragon was made from pieces of the Rancor from Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi. Condor dragons were mentioned in the article Supernatural Encounters: The Trial and Transformation of Arhul Hextrophon, wherein the Condor dragon was stated to share a common ancestor with the Mantigrue species. However the article was never officially published. The related information that was to be published in the article is outlined below.
In the primordial galaxy, the Condor draong first emerged as offspring of the mating of the Firstborn Duinuogwuin species and the bioengineered Basiliskans created by the being Cold Danda Sine. Monstrous and temperamental, the Condor dragon were considered abominations by their Duinuogwuin progenitors.
- Star Wars: Ewoks—Shadows of Endor
- Ewoks: The Battle for Endor (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Supernatural Encounters: The Trial and Transformation of Arhul Hextrophon' '(Canceled) (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Endor and the Moddell Sector"—Star Wars Gamer 9 "
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 10 (END3, The Forest Moon of Endor)
- From Pencil to Pixel: The Art of Star Wars Galaxies
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 109 (END14, Endor Wildlife)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Warriors of Endor"—Star Wars Insider 110