A confederation, also known as a confederacy, league, or coalition, was a system of government usually made up of many political units, often consisting of different planets and/or species which tend to be established for dealing with critical issues.
There have been numerous confederations in galactic history:
- The Confederacy of Independent Systems, more commonly known as the Separatist Alliance or just Separatists, were systems that broke away from Galactic Republic.
- The Confederacy of Corporate Systems was a galactic government formed towards the end of the Galactic Civil War.
- The Armorers' Confederacy.
- The Calian Confederacy.
- The Confederacy of Independent Systems, more commonly known as the Separatists.
- The Confederation, which governed the Corellian sector in 40 ABY.
- The Granse Confederacy.
- The Indrexu Confederation.
- The Marzoon Confederation.
- The Ossiki Confederacy Army.
- The Qektoth Confederation.
- The Renatasian Confederation.
- The Separatist holdouts, which makes up the scattered remnants of the CIS.
- The Smugglers' Confederation.
- Thrawn's Empire.
- The Yedagon Confederacy.
- The Pirate Confederation.
Other confederacies included:
- Alliance of Free Planets
- Alliance to Restore the Republic
- Corporate Sector Authority
- Disciples of Ragnos
- Five Worlds
- Galactic Alliance Remnant
- Jedi Coalition
- Ktilac Regions
- New Republic (4–6.5 ABY)
- Stark Commercial Combine
- Pentastar Alignment
This is a disambiguation page—a navigational aid that lists other pages that might otherwise share the same title. If an article link referred you here, you might want to go back and fix it to point directly to the intended page.