- "I apologize. I am feeling a little distracted today."
- ―Mon Mothma, in regards to being distracted by the rise of the Confederacy
The Confederacy of Corporate Systems was an ambitious galactic government formed at a point where the New Republic's control had been rendered theoretical. By 5 ABY, as the Galactic Civil War between the fracturing Galactic Empire and the New Republic drew to a close, Republic Chancellor Mon Mothma had become increasingly unsettled by the arising Confederacy, along with two other ascending governments—the New Separatist Union and the pirate-led Sovereign Latitudes of Maracavanya. Those worries preoccupied Mothma during a meeting with senators of the New Republic, although she conceded her distractions might also be due to her left arm, which had been previously injured.
Behind the scenes
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook)
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- According to Aftermath: Empire's End, Mon Mothma was worried about the rise of the Confederacy of Corporate Systems weeks before the Battle of Jakku. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates that battle to 5 ABY, the Confederacy of Corporate Systems must have also been formed at some point by 5 ABY.
- Star Wars: Battles that Changed the Galaxy