- "I apologize. I am feeling a little distracted today."
- ―Mon Mothma, in regards to being distracted by the rise of the Confederacy
The Confederacy of Corporate Systems was a galactic government that had been founded by 5 ABY as the Galactic Civil War between the Galactic Empire and the New Republic drew to a close. The news of the new confederacy's rise was one of many matters that worried the New Republic's leader, Chancellor Mon Mothma.
The Confederacy of Corporate Systems was founded by 5 ABY. As the Galactic Civil War between the fracturing Galactic Empire and the New Republic drew to a close, the Republic Chancellor Mon Mothma had become increasingly unsettled by the arising Confederacy, along with the New Separatist Union, another growing galactic government. She was also worried about the Sovereign Latitudes of Maracavanya, an organized government of pirates who roamed the galaxy and chose the "pirate ruler of Wild Space," Eleodie Maracavanya, as their leader. These worries preoccupied Mon Mothma during a meeting with senators of the New Republic, although she conceded her distractions might also be due to her left arm and hand not operating properly after the Empire's attack on Chandrila—Mothma's homeworld and the Republic's capital at the time—during Liberation Day.
Amidst Mon Mothma's meeting with the senators, she contemplated the rising governments when she was interrupted by Senator Ashmin Ek. Mothma explained that she was feeling relatively distracted as a result of the Confederacy's rise and apologized to the senators for her inattentive behavior, understanding that it was the final week in which the New Republic Senate would hold a meeting on Chandrila before the Republic transferred its seat of power to the agricultural planet Nakadia.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook)
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath: Empire's End)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 According to Aftermath: Empire's End, Mon Mothma was worried about the rise of the Confederacy of Corporate Systems weeks before the Battle of Jakku. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates that battle to 5 ABY, the Confederacy of Corporate Systems must have also been formed at some point by 5 ABY.