- "I apologize. I am feeling a little distracted today."
- ―Mon Mothma, in regards to being distracted by the rise of the Confederacy
The Confederacy of Corporate Systems was a galactic government founded by 5 ABY. As the Galactic Civil War between the fracturing Galactic Empire and the New Republic drew to a close, the Republic Chancellor Mon Mothma had become increasingly unsettled by the arising Confederacy, along with two other ascending governments, the New Separatist Union and the pirate-led Sovereign Latitudes of Maracavanya. These worries preoccupied Mothma during a meeting with senators of the New Republic, although she conceded her distractions might also be due to her left arm, which had been previously injured.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Aftermath: Empire's End (First mentioned, simultaneous with Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook)
- Aftermath: Empire's End audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- According to Aftermath: Empire's End, Mon Mothma was worried about the rise of the Confederacy of Corporate Systems weeks before the Battle of Jakku. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates that battle to 5 ABY, the Confederacy of Corporate Systems must have also been formed at some point by 5 ABY.