- Amidala: "Members of the Senate, do you hear yourselves? More money, more clones, more war. Say nothing of fiscal responsibility, what about moral responsibility? Hasn't this war gone on long enough?"
- Saam: "Senator Amidala, are you suggesting we surrender to the Separatists?"
- Amidala: "Of course not. But negotiation might be a better course of action."
- Rab: "You can't negotiate with those animals! Keep the war going! Vote now!"
- ―Senators Padmé Amidala, Gume Saam and Mot-Not Rab debate about the war[src]
This peace initiative was a proposal created by the Separatist Senate in the hope of achieving a diplomatic end to the Clone Wars. Certain Republic Senators, such as Bail Organa and Padmé Amidala, were in favor of the proposal, but a number of factors ultimately resulted in the proposal not being passed and the war continuing, mainly the bombing of Coruscant's Central power distribution grid.
When Republic Senator Gume Saam of the Techno Union brought forth the Republic financial reform bill to negotiate more funds from the InterGalactic Banking Clan to allow for the production of more clone troopers, the discussion was tabled when Senator Padmé Amidala pleaded with the Senate to begin peace talks with the Confederacy of Independent Systems, starting the peace initiative. When her proposal was met with support from multiple senators, Amidala was sent to Raxus to meet with her friend and now-Separatist Senator Mina Bonteri. Meanwhile, Senator Saam and Senators Lott Dod of the Trade Federation and Nix Card of the Banking Clan proposed a way to stop the peace talks in order for their companies to continue profiting from the war.
Amidala was accompanied by Jedi Padawan Ahsoka Tano as she met with Senator Bonteri. After the two Senators were able to convince the Separatist Council to pursue the initiative, Count Dooku plans to sabotage the peace talks, tasking General Grievous with orchestrating a bombing of Coruscant's Central power distribution grid. Demolition droids infiltrated the power grid as the initiative was being voted on. When the attack was successful, the Republic Senate overwhelmingly agreed to end the initiative, not willing to deal with the Separatists who backstabbed them during peace talks.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 1.18 1.19 1.20 1.21 1.22 1.23 1.24 1.25 1.26 1.27 1.28 1.29 1.30 1.31 1.32 1.33 1.34 1.35 1.36 1.37 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides"
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Kamino in 21 BBY and the Battle of Sullust in 20 BBY. As the episode this event takes place within takes place between the events of the episodes the other events are attached to according to , this event must take place between 21 BBY and 20 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Pursuit of Peace"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7