- Amidala: "No one at this table can fail to have noticed the recent increase in Separatist activity in the region. As a representative of the Republic, I propose a peace battalion be posted around Gus Talon for the duration of—"
- Slotho: "Preposterous! The Republic can see their power is slipping. Your proposal plays upon our fears of attack to blockade whole systems and leave these planets at your mercy."
- ―Senator Padmé Amidala and Slotho[src]
As a representative on the Galactic Republic, Senator Padmé Amidala came to discuss how to respond to the recent increase in Separatist activity in the region, proposing to send a Republic battalion to defend the moon. The proposal was vigorously denounced by Slotho, who claimed the Republic was playing upon their fears of a Separatist attack to take control of their world.
Before the negotiations could go any further however, the conference was disrupted by the intervention of a Separatist GNK power droid, which powered down the automated diplomatic complex and instructed its droid servants to kill the diplomats. The occupants of the building were then attacked by a cleaning droid, a garbage droid, R5-series astromech droids, mouse droids, and holograms of B1 battle droids and droidekas. The diplomats were saved by R2-D2, which shut down the Separatist power droid and rebooted the automated facility.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ "Mask of Iron"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.44
- ↑ "Bane vs ...Bane?"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.46
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 "Power Down"—Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.45
- ↑ This event is set after "Bounty" (20 BBY), as "Mandalorian Memories" serves as a prequel to the episode. Considering that the comics featured in Star Wars Comic UK are published in chronological order, it can be concluded that "Power Down" takes place in 20 BBY.