The Conraddas Vindicator was a white-hulled starfighter carrier with orange markings that served in the Republic Navy during the Great Galactic War against the Sith Empire. The Vindicator was one of the Republic vessels assigned to accompany a fleet of prototype warships that was preparing for an assault on the Empire's capital world of Dromund Kaas in 3665 BBY. However, the fleet was attacked by the Imperial Navy while passing along a secret route in the Outer Rim Territories. The carrier took part in the resultant Battle of Hoth, which lasted several days and crossed several star systems before reaching its peak in the Hoth system, but at the end of the engagement the Vindicator was among the more than seventy-five vessels that crashed on the planet Hoth. Its wreckage was scattered over several kilometers on the surface of Hoth.
Behind the scenes
The Conraddis Vindicator was first mentioned in the 2012 reference guide Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia, in the guide's section on the planet Hoth. The ship in question originated in concept art for Hoth, which first appeared in Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide (First pictured)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia (First mentioned)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia
- The Battle of Hoth is logged in the The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural under the date "21378.00.213", while the Sacking of Coruscant, which occurs in 3653 BBY, per Timeline 1: Treaty of Coruscant, is logged under the date "21390.02.056", which means the event occurred 12 years before the Sacking, in 3665 BBY.
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural