The Contingency Orders for the Grand Army of the Republic: Order Initiation, Orders 1 Through 150 was a compilation of contingency orders that were to be carried out under various circumstances by the Grand Army of the Republic.
- Order 4: "In the event of the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) being incapacitated, overall GAR command shall fall to the vice chair of the Senate until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified as outlined in Section 6 (iv)."
- Order 5: "In the event of the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) being declared unfit to issue orders, as defined in Section 6 (ii), the Chief of the Defense Staff shall assume GAR command and form a strategic cell of senior officers (see page 1173, para 4) until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified."
- Order 37: Capture of a single wanted individual through the mass arrest and threatened execution of a civilian population. Follow-up directives include scenarios for body disposal of civilian casualties and suppression of communications.
- Order 65: "In the event of either (i) a majority in the Senate declaring the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) to be unfit to issue orders, or (ii) the Security Council declaring him or her to be unfit to issue orders, and an authenticated order being received by the GAR, commanders shall be authorized to detain the Supreme Commander, with lethal force if necessary, and command of the GAR shall fall to the acting Chancellor until a successor is appointed or alternative authority identified as outlined in Section 6 (iv)."
- Order 66: "In the event of Jedi officers acting against the interests of the Republic, and after receiving specific orders verified as coming directly from the Supreme Commander (Chancellor), GAR commanders will remove those officers by lethal force, and command of the GAR will revert to the Supreme Commander (Chancellor) until a new command structure is established."
In addition to the known orders, in the aftermath of the Galactic Empire's rise to power, the newly christened Sith Lord Darth Vader came to suspect that his master, the Sith Lord Darth Sidious—known to the galaxy as the newly crowned Emperor Palpatine—had developed a new contingency order (Order 151) to eliminate him should the need arise. Lord Vader questioned Clone Commander Vill, referencing the contingency orders the clone had known while a part of the Grand Army before the Republic's fall. When the officer indicated that he was unauthorized to confirm or deny the existence of any such order, Vader considered his suspicions confirmed and quickly dispatched Vill so as not to alert the Emperor of his inquiry.
Although technically not part of the Contingency Orders for the Grand Army of the Republic due to it being used exclusively with the Separatists, a similarly named order called Order 99 existed among its forces, which made the droids move to the opposing side. The order was developed as a test for the later Order 66 for the clone troopers to use against the Jedi.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Excellent, Order 66 was a complete success!"
"My master, what were the first sixty-five orders?"
"I'm glad you asked!"
- ―Palpatine and Darth Vader
- Order 6: Throwing away communicator as fast as possible.
- Order 64: In the Star Wars Miniatures: The Clone Wars advertisement, after killing Durge, one of the clones wonders whether they are up to Order 64 or 65.
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Republic Commando: True Colors
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 6, Episode 1: The Unknown
- Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 6, Episode 2: Conspiracy
- Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 6, Episode 3: Fugitive
- Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 6, Episode 4: Orders
- The Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission
- The Last of the Jedi: Return of the Dark Side
- The Last of the Jedi: Reckoning
- Dark Times 4: The Path to Nowhere, Part 4 (Mentioned only)
- Dark Times 15: Blue Harvest, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron
- The Only Good Clanker
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
- A clone trooper always obeys orders
- Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode III
- Tag & Bink Were Here