Contispex I was an individual that served as a chancellor who perished sometime prior to 10 BBY. In that year, Contispex's ashes were held in arks aboard the First Light, the personal star yacht of Crimson Dawn crime lord Dryden Vos.
Behind the scenes
Contispex I's ashes first appeared in the 2018 anthology film, Solo: A Star Wars Story, before being identified as Contispex I in the accompanying reference book, Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, written by Pablo Hidalgo. Contispex I was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity in the 2005 reference book The New Essential Chronology, written by Daniel Wallace.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance) (Ashes only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Contispex I)
- The Art of Solo: A Star Wars Story (Ashes only)
- (Ashes only)
- Star Wars - The Official Magazine 91 (Database: Gods, Tombs and Scholars)
Notes and references
- In Solo: A Star Wars Story, the arks with the ashes of Contispex I are displayed aboard the First Light. Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide establishes that the events of the film begin nine years after the founding of the Galactic Empire. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Empire's founding in 19 BBY, Solo took place in 10 BBY, and Contispex I died sometime prior.
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Solo: A Star Wars Story
- The New Essential Chronology