- "That speeder is leaking coolant... it'll be burnt out by morning!"
Coolant was a term for substances used for cooling things. Several different types of coolant were in use in the galaxy and several substances were used as coolant. The Galaxy IV Coolant Refinery was a defunct coolant factory on the planet Coruscant. Starship weapons required coolant maintenance and monitoring, as was performed at the Number Two Turbolaser Coolant Room aboard Outbound Flight. Non spin-sealed Tibanna gas was used as hyperdrive coolant.
Droids used a coolant fluid to keep their internal temperatures from rising too high, which would cause them to overheat and shut down. At least one type of coolant used in droids was a blue fluid that was poisonous to some Near-Human species.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: Droids—"The Roon Games" (First appearance)
- "Droid Trouble"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 3
- Star Wars 31: Return to Tatooine
- Star Wars 32: The Jawa Express (Mentioned only)
- "Regina Cayli"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1 (Reprint)
- A Bad Feeling: The Tale of EV-9D9
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters
- Cracken's Rebel Field Guide
- Star Wars Technical Journal of the Planet Tatooine
- Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters, Second Edition
- Star Wars Technical Journal
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- The DarkStryder Campaign
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook