- "M'lady, I'm so sorry. I've failed you, Senator."
- ―Cordé, to Padmé Amidala
Cordé, formerly known as Cordyn, was a handmaiden who served Senator Padmé Amidala in the days leading up to the Clone Wars. She was acting as a decoy when she was killed in an attempt on Amidala's life by Clawdite bounty hunter Zam Wesell.
When former queen of Naboo Padmé Amidala came to the conclusion that she needed additional handmaidens to act as decoys as she prepared to take on the mantle of senator four years after the Battle of Naboo, Rabé, one of Amidala's current handmaidens, suggested Cordyn and pointed out that despite the fact that she failed the training, she did greatly resemble Amidala's appearance which would still make her a great asset. Cordyn was later tracked down by Saché on behalf of Amidala and eventually agreed to take on the role, taking on the name Cordé.
In the days leading up to the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Amidala returned to the galactic capital of Coruscant to take part in a vote on the creation of a Republic army in the wake of the Separatist Crisis.
On the orders of Amidala's chief of security, Captain Typho, Cordé served as her decoy, traveling on the senator's ship posing as Amidala while the senator piloted a Naboo starfighter in disguise. Upon landing, Cordé descended the ramp with her retinue, but was soon caught up in an explosion that destroyed the ship and killed both her and six other people. The explosion was set up by bounty hunter Zam Wesell, who had been hired by Jango Fett to assassinate the senator.
While Cordé lay dying, Amidala ran to her handmaiden's side. With her dying words, Cordé apologized for failing her mistress, though Amidala insisted that she had not. Sometime later, Amidala shared private tears for Cordé with Duja, another of her handmaidens.
Personality and traitsEdit
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Cordé was able to perfect Amidala's voice to the point that even a voice identifier couldn't tell the difference. However, she lacked combat ability, especially with a blaster.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Queen's Peril (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Queen's Shadow (First identified as Cordyn)
- Queen's Shadow audiobook
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Attack of the Clones Read-Along Storybook and CD (Indirect mention only)
- Thrawn: Alliances (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn: Alliances audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Card Trader
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- (Picture only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- ↑ Queen's Shadow establishes that Cordé was chosen to pose as Padmé Amidala's decoy as she was the closest physical match despite being slightly taller than the senator. As establishes Amidala's height as being 1.65 meters, it can be deduced that Cordé's height was slightly more than that.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 Queen's Shadow
- ↑ Thrawn: Alliances
- ↑ Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels