The Core Envoy was an Imperial-class Star Destroyer used by the Imperial Navy during the Imperial Era. The Star Destroyer was equipped with engines and measured 1,600 meters long. In 14 BBY, the Core Envoy was the sole Imperial-class Star Destroyer in the flotilla belonging to Sentinel Base, an Imperial facility commanded by Moff Wilhuff Tarkin which oversaw the construction of the Imperial battle station later known as the Death Star.
At some point that year, the Core Envoy and most of the flotilla's other capital ships were away from Sentinel Base, escorting supply convoys to the planet Geonosis, where the battle station was being constructed. This meant that when the base was attacked by a rebel cell, Tarkin was forced to use the Venator-class Star Destroyer Electrum to defend Sentinel instead.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Tarkin (First mentioned, simultaneous with Tarkin audiobook)
- Tarkin audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Tarkin)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Tarkin
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Tarkin establishes that the Core Envoy is an Imperial-class Star Destroyer, which measures 1,600 meters in length according to .
- ↑ The events of Tarkin take place five years after the rise of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY. Therefore, Tarkin must be set in 14 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide