- "Honestly, who's going to target a science museum? Besides, the general's best men are guarding me."
- ―Doctor Godera
The Corellian Science Museum was a museum located in Axial Park, a district of Coronet City, the capital of the planet Corellia. In 3641 BBY, during the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, Colonel Brint of the Republic Military set up a base in the museum during the Battle of Corellia, and the Republic scientific adviser Doctor Nasan Godera maintained a lab in the museum. However, during the conflict, the museum was attacked by Imperial forces, who killed most of the Republic forces stationed at the museum, including Godera.
Description[edit | edit source]
The Corellian Science Museum was a building located on the northern edge of Axial Park, a district of the planet Corellia's capital, Coronet City. The building's entrance hallway was in the shape of a rectangular loop, with a wall between the building's entrance and the entrance to the museum proper. The main room was dominated by the skeleton of a krayt dragon from the desert world of Tatooine, and the museum had at least two side rooms that branched off the main chamber. When the Republic Military occupied the museum, one of the side rooms and part of the main room was occupied by scientific equipment for Doctor Nasan Godera's work.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Our science advisor is waiting for you. He has information on that rogue Jedi you're after."
- ―Colonel Brint, to the Hero of Tython
In 3641 BBY, during the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire, the Empire invaded the Core World of Corellia and instigated the Battle of Corellia. During the later stages of the lengthy conflict, the Republic Military secured the Science Museum and established a command post there under Colonel Brint of the Eighty-third Battalion. Doctor Nasan Godera, scientific adviser to the Republic's General Var Suthra, set up a lab there, and, on Suthra's orders, he dispatched probe droids to search for Tol Braga, a Jedi Master who had been corrupted by the Sith Emperor and put to work furthering the Emperor's plans to kill thousands in order to start a dark-side ritual.
Godera's efforts met with success around the same time the unit of Jedi under the leadership of the Jedi Knight known as the Hero of Tython arrived at the museum. Senator Jol Zackin soon arrived at the museum to request Brint's aid in rescuing imprisoned Corellian citizens, but Brint and Zackin were still arguing over the subject when the Hero of Tython arrived. The Knight settled the disagreement, dispatching the Outer Rim Jedi to rescue the civilians despite Brint's attempts to bribe the Knight into using the Jedi to attack Imperial medical camps. The Hero of Tython then met with Godera, who sent the Knight to take out the Empire's Firestorm Turbolasers that Braga's Sith subordinates were setting up in buildings around Axial Park. Godera himself continued his work to locate the source of the transmissions to the Sith in those buildings in hopes of locating Braga himself.
However, while the Jedi was gone, the Science Museum was attacked by Imperial forces. Brint was among the few survivors and contacted Suthra for aid, though by the time Suthra arrived with reinforcements and eliminated the Imperial invaders, most of the Republic forces stationed there—including Godera—had been killed in the fighting. Suthra's forces largely abandoned the museum after the attack, moving into Coronet's Government District as the Republic continued to gain ground against the Empire.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Corellian Science Museum appears as a class-restricted phase for the Jedi Knight-class mission "Firestorm" in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a video game released by BioWare in 2011. When first arriving at the museum, the player is presented with an alignment choice as to how to use the player's remaining Jedi forces; as the Knight is a Republic player and is assumed to choose only light-side options, this article assumes that the player sided with Senator Zackin. The museum was also labeled on a map of Axial Park that appeared in the Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Firestorm" on Corellia
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Jedi Knight Mission: "Mutual Assured Destruction" on Corellia
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide