The Corellian Trade Spine was a hyperspace route named for the planet Corellia in the Core Worlds. During the Galactic Civil War, the Alliance to Restore the Republic's 61st Mobile Infantry held a funeral for eight of their own, who were lost during a freighter raid, onboard their CR90 corvette the Thunderstrike while in a hyperlane three light-years from the spine. The desert planet Mataou, located in the Anoat sector of the Outer Rim Territories, acted as a primary entry point for starships leaving the Corellian Trade Spine to enter the Ison Trade Corridor. The Corellian Trade Spine intersected with the Rimma Trade Route in the Inner Rim, and with the Hydian Way in the Outer Rim Territories.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Corellian Trade Spine was first mentioned in the 2015 novel Battlefront: Twilight Company, written by Alexander Freed. The route first created in Star Wars Legends for Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, a sourcebook written by Jonatha Ariadne Caspian and released by West End Games in 1989.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook (First mentioned, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company)
- Star Wars: Uprising (Mentioned only) (Occasionally misspelled as "Corellion Trade Spine")
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (First appearance)
- Nexus of Power
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars: Smuggler's Guide
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide