Corellian hounds, also known as Sibian hounds, were a type of hound from the planet Corellia. They were quick and nimble canines used by locals for a number of tasks. Due to their keen sense of smell, they were often used for hunting and tracking. They had a vicious bark and bite, which meant they could be quite effective for protection. Criminal gangs were fond of using the hounds for defense or to attack their rivals. They also had regenerating teeth. Corellian hounds could also be found on the planet Ushruu, where they were known as snarlers.
Around 34 ABY, Dok-Ondar had the head of a Corellian hound mounted on the wall of his store on Batuu. The plaque the head was mounted on had the words "In memory of Yay Jacc" painted on it in aurebesh.
Behind the scenesEdit
Corellian hounds were featured in the 2018 Star Wars Anthology film Solo: A Star Wars Story. They were played by four actual dogs named Blackie, Boyce, Saxon, and Elsa in specially made costumes. Use of the dogs was inspired by Mardji, the Asian elephant who played two banthas in the original 1977 Star Wars film, Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- Most Wanted
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Meet the Crew
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 1
- The Mighty Chewbacca in the Forest of Fear!
- Doctor Aphra 34: Unspeakable Rebel Superweapon, Part III
- "Flight of the Falcon, Part 4: Lady and the Tramp"—Star Wars Adventures 17 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Galaxy's Edge 2 (Head only)
- Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge – Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities (Head only)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Han on the Run
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide (First identified as Sibian hound)
- Star Wars: Alien Archive