The Corkscrew Avoid was a spiral or corkscrew maneuver used by starfighter pilots to evade enemy fire while maintaining a particular heading. Some Imperial veterans called the maneuver the Wotan Weave after its developer, Wotan, though this name was more frequently used by Rebel pilots. Commander Wedge Antilles used a variation of this tactic to enable him to launch proton torpedoes against capital ships while presenting a near-impossible target for the ship's gunners.
- X-Wing: The Official Strategy Guide
- X-Wing Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide
- TIE Fighter: The Official Strategy Guide
- TIE Fighter Collector's CD-ROM: The Official Strategy Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia