The Corona-class armed frigate was heavily armed with offensive weaponry such as missiles and laser cannons, as well the ability to capture and board smaller ships using tractor beams and grappling harpoons. It was also able to stow and deploy smaller Flarestar-class attack shuttles for transportation purposes.
During the Clone Wars, Weequay pirate leader Hondo Ohnaka and his pirate gang led an assault on the Crucible in an attempt to acquire valuable Kyber crystals. Their plan was thwarted by Ahsoka Tano and a group of younglings, with the help of their lightsaber-instructing droid professor, Huyang.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Corona-class armed frigate was derived from 1950s-era film concepts of flying saucers (UFOs), such as those in the 1956 film Earth vs. The Flying Saucers. The commentary of "Dooku Captured" revealed that the production crew had planned on using a flying-saucer type spacecraft in the prequel trilogy era since the 1999 film Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, either as Alderaanian vessels or Trade Federation spacecrafts, but it wasn't until the production of this Star Wars: The Clone Wars television series that they got the chance to implement the idea.
- Darth Maul, Part II
- Darth Maul, Part IV
- Darth Maul, Part V
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gungan General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- Thrawn: Alliances (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know (First identified as Corona-class armed frigate)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- ; images #5, 8, 11, 12, 23, 24