The Coronet was a New Mandalorian liner often used by Duchess Satine Kryze for diplomatic meetings. During the Clone Wars, Kryze used the ship to fly to Coruscant to debate a proposed Republic intervention on Mandalore to stop Death Watch. It was subjected to a battle when Senator Tal Merrik attempted to assassinate Kryze, alerting Droch-class boarding ships to the Coronet's location. The Jedi Generals Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker and their clone troopers prevented her assassination, destroyed the deposited B2-series super battle droids and killed Merrik, allowing Kryze to depart at Coruscant.
The vessel featured richly decorated interiors and was staffed by a large crew of droids, including LEP servant droids, BD-3000 luxury droids and 3PO-series protocol droids. During the voyage to Coruscant the vessel's bridge was manned by a quartet of Senate Commandos and a human male captain, all of whom were killed by Merrick when he stormed the bridge.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voyage of Temptation"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duchess of Mandalore" (Appears in flashback(s))
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 39 (Databank A-Z: Kwazel Maw–Sly Moore)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Starships and Speeders
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Directing"
- Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian – "Score"