- "These chambers and tunnels are my Empire."
- ―The Meatlump King
Overview[edit | edit source]
The Coronet Maintenance Tunnels were inhospitable tunnels and rooms mostly populated by utilitarian droids, such as EG-6 power droids, MSE-6-series repair droids, R5-series astromech droids and blastromech droids. The area was also infested with rodents such as meetles and worrmps.
Lower Maintenance Areas[edit | edit source]
- "Go get rid of those droids. The lower levels are full of them. They give me the creeps...being so close to us."
- ―Dorvin Kanu, to a spacer
The Lower Maintenance Areas were the deepest and most dangerous levels of the Coronet Maintenance Tunnels. Although they were patrolled by S-1 and S-2 security droids of the Corellian Security Force, criminals and thugs used to prowl the area.
History[edit | edit source]
During the Galactic Civil War, the anti-technology fanatics of the Meatlump gang had established their secret hideout in an abandoned portion of the Coronet maintenance tunnels. The Meatlump King, the fabled leader of the Meatlumps, held court there for his followers. The Meatlumps managed to keep their hideout secret until its location was discovered by the Corellia Times journalist Vani Korr after the Battle of Yavin.
The Meatlumps used to raid the Lower Maintenance Areas, located just beneath the Meatlump Hideout, in order to plunder all the supplies they could find there. They sometimes clashed with the droids operating in the area but tried to avoid attracting the attention of the security droids. Meatlump operations in the Lower Maintenance Areas were supervised by Decider Ximo Tacx, Lieutenant Dorvin Kanu, Captain Loman Vosso and Lieutenant Cyru Sarkee. Around 1 ABY, a spacer rescued a Meatlump who was trapped in the Lower Maintenance Areas by a group of Ragtags.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Coronet Maintenance Tunnels were a location in the 2003 video game Star Wars Galaxies, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts, prior to its closure on December 15, 2011. The Coronet Maintenance Tunnels were added to the game as part of the "Meatlumps Theme Park", introduced with "Chapter 10: The Search for the Meatlump King", released on June 19, 2008.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Sources[edit | edit source]
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures—"Meatlumps Theme Park" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures—Collection: "Wine-O" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures—Quest: "Destroy Non-Security Droids" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures—Quest: "Meet the Meatlumps" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures—Quest: "Destroy All Droids" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures—Quest: "Find the Missing Supplies" on Corellia
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Online Adventures—Quest: "Rescue the Lost Meatlump" on Corellia