The Coronet Spaceport handled civilian, commercial and military traffic in and out of the planet Corellia, one of the galaxy's Core Worlds. A sprawling facility located on the coast side of Coronet City, the spaceport was built centuries before the rule of the Galactic Empire. By 13 BBY, the spaceport was mostly staffed by Corellian Security Forces, although Imperial officers and stormtroopers monitored all activity.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
Coronet Spaceport first appeared in the 1995 Star Wars Legends novel Ambush at Corellia. The spaceport was introduced into the new Star Wars canon in the 2018 Star Wars Anthology film Solo: A Star Wars Story. During the film's development, the writers and directors researched Wookieepedia for spaceports on Corellia, where they found the name "Coronet Spaceport" and decided to use it for the film. They wanted the sequence to feel like the Ellis Island sequence from Francis Ford Coppola's 1974 classic film The Godfather Part II.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Most Wanted
- Solo: A Star Wars Story (First appearance)
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Solo: A Star Wars Story Adaptation 1
Sources[edit | edit source]
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious
- Star Wars: How Not to Get Eaten by Ewoks and Other Galactic Survival Skills (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
- (Picture only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- According to Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide, Han Solo enlisted in the Imperial Academy 9 years after the outbreak of the Clone Wars, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places in 22 BBY. Therefore, it can be deduced that Solo joined the Academy in 13 BBY.
- Ambush at Corellia
- Solo: A Star Wars Story