- "…in the aftermath of the Corsair Wars Jedi Master Oo'ob broke doctrine to pursue a pre-emptive approach to threats. In this he recruited noted crystallist Var-Whill to modify lightsaber tech for more…remote applications."
- ―Excerpt from "Notes on Jedi Heresies" by Professor Korin Aphra, read by Teezee-Too
The Corsair Wars were a conflict in the galaxy that took place some time prior to 19 BBY. In its aftermath, the Jedi Master Oo'ob broke Jedi doctrine and recruited the crystallist Var-Whill to create the Farkiller, a sniper rifle modified with lightsaber technology.
The Corsair Wars were mentioned in Professor Korin Aphra's "Notes on Jedi Heresies," which explained Oo'ob and Var-Whill's actions in the aftermath of the conflict. The notes were later recounted to Aphra's daughter, Chelli, by the rebel protocol droid Teezee-Too prior to the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Doctor Aphra 33 (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Doctor Aphra 33
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the beginning of the Great Jedi Purge, which saw the destruction of the Jedi Order, to 19 BBY. As Doctor Aphra 33 establishes that the Corsair Wars took place during a time when the Jedi Order existed, it must have taken place prior to that year.
- ↑ The events of Doctor Aphra 33 take place prior to the events of Empire Ascendant 1, which takes place before the Battle of Hoth. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Hoth to 3 ABY, meaning that Teezee-Too must have told Chelli Aphra about the Corsair Wars some time prior.