- "This is a Corusca gem. They're used as money some places around the galaxy."
"Not here they're not."
"It's worth a lot of money everywhere."
- ―Padmé Amidala and Huga
Corusca gems, generally referred to as gems, were an extremely rare and valuable type of gemstone found on the planet Sarka. Padmé Amidala gave away her corusca gem necklace to a man named Huga on Mokivj so he and his companions would not hand her over to Duke Solha.
Behind the scenesEdit
Corusca gems were first mentioned in the Legends book Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin (1989), and their first appearance was in the novel Dark Apprentice (1994). The first canonical appearance of Corusca gems was in the 2014 mobile-game Star Wars: Galactic Defense, in which they are used as in-game currency. Additionally, it was heavily featured in the IGN Mobile Game of the Year, Star Wars: Puzzle Droids.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense (First appearance)
- Thrawn: Alliances
- "Mind Your Manners"—Star Wars Adventures Annual 2018
- Star Wars: Puzzle Droids
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "The Embersteel Blade" (Mentioned only)
- LEGO Star Wars: All-Stars – "Dealing with Lando/Han and Chewie Strike Back"