- "Jaller's still stuck at HQ. Haven't seen him for two days, but that's normal for Jaller."
- ―Telti Obrim discusses her husband, CSF Captain Jaller Obrim
The Coruscant Security Force Headquarters, located in Galactic City on the planet Coruscant, served as the main base of operations for the Coruscant Security Force. It contained the offices of the CSF's senior command as well as the Anti-Terrorism Unit, Organized Crime Unit, and the dispatch center. Missions were planned and coordinated from the headquarters, and the Anti-Terrorism and Organized Crime units held briefings there on any on-going operations.
Description[edit | edit source]
- "We're not taking any chances. There's a whole squad escorting him back to headquarters."
- ―Officer Anstiss, after arresting a criminal
The Coruscant Security Force Headquarters, located in Galactic City on the planet Coruscant, was the base of police operations of the Coruscant Security Force and contained the offices of the CSF's senior command and the dispatch center. It also housed the offices and briefing rooms of the Anti-Terrorism Unit and the Organized Crime Unit. The CSF Headquarters were separate from the CSF's various divisional headquarters, which were located across Galactic City.
History[edit | edit source]
- "Word from our undercover team and their informants is that someone is offering explosives and arms on the black market. It's amazing how fast this scum flows in to fill the gaps. Time for us to move in. And only one warning before you open fire, okay? Let's see how much we can clean up once and for all."
- ―Organized Crime Unit squad briefing at the CSF Headquarters
The CSF Headquarters was built prior to the Cold War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Around 3643 BBY, police officer Anstiss arrested a criminal named Gambo who was escorted back to the headquarters to be booked. Around that time as well, CSF Agent Jaffkee reported back to headquarters after planting listening devices in the sector of Coruscant controlled by the Justicars' Brigade, an outlawed militia. In 21 BBY, during the Clone Wars between the Republic and Separatists, the Organized Crime Unit had meetings in its briefing rooms on illegal weapons shipments. Along with the Anti-Terrorism Unit and several Republic commandos, the Organized Crime Unit conducted raids to stop the flow of weapons onto the planet. When on a case, Captain Jaller Obrim, commander of the Anti-Terrorism Unit, sometimes spent days at the headquarters without going home to see his wife.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Coruscant Security Force Headquarters first appeared in Republic Commando: Triple Zero, a novel written by Karen Traviss and published on February 28, 2006. It was mentioned in several other novels before being mentioned again in Star Wars: The Old Republic, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game by BioWare, released on December 20, 2011.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero (First appearance)
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "Cantina Contusions" on Coruscant
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest
- Star Wars: The Old Republic about ten to twelve years after the signing of the Treaty of Coruscant, which is dated to 3653 BBY by Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia. The Old Republic—The Lost Suns 2 takes place ten years after the treaty, one week after the mission to Nar Shaddaa, and around the time of the SpecForce Incident. Since the mission and the incident are respectively part of Act I of the Jedi Knight and Republic Trooper's storylines, and the Trooper's Act I occurs concurrent to Act I of the Smuggler storyline, the general events of Act I for all classes can be assumed to occur in 3643 BBY. The Prologue for each class immediately precedes Act I, and Act III for all classes begins with the start of the Galactic War, which Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia places around 3640 BBY. Assuming that in-universe chronology of the Star Wars: The Old Republic events roughly aligns with the release of story content in real-life as with , the Act III Epilogue must take place near the end of 3640 BBY since it was the chronologically latest story of the The Old Republic base game, which was released toward the end of 2011. Therefore, assuming that The Old Republic takes place over the course of three years per the former of the two aforementioned swtor.com posts, Act I takes place near the end of 3643 BBY. places
- Star Wars: The Old Republic—Mission: "White Noise" on Coruscant
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel