- "All energy from the Living Force, from all things that have ever lived, feeds into the Cosmic Force, binding everything and communicating to us through the midi-chlorians. Because of this, I can speak to you now."
- ―The spirit of Qui-Gon Jinn, communing with Yoda
The cosmic Force was an aspect of the Force that bound everything together from energy fed into it through the Living Force. Yoda, speaking with the spirit of Qui-Gon Jinn, learned that this aspect of the Force enabled them to communicate through the midi-chlorians. Upon learning from Ezra Bridger that a loth-wolf going by the name of "Dume" had appeared to him following the death of Kanan Jarrus (originally known as Caleb Dume), Ahsoka Tano speculated that Jarrus's will had manifested within the wolf, as he was now a part of the cosmic Force. After the Galactic Civil War, the cosmic Force became dormant and was seemingly quieted to those who could sense its presence. Turbulence within the cosmic Force coincided with the awakening of latent Force abilities in individuals such as Rey.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Rebels – "A World Between Worlds" (Mentioned only)
- Shadow Fall (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 18 (Databank A-Z: First Order–Fyrnocks)