The Couronne sector was located in the Slice portion of the Expansion Region. By 0 ABY, it formed a four-way border with the Biivren sector, the Annecy sector, and the Ghost Nebula at its northwestern corner, while its southern edge bordered the Oeiros and Axion sectors. Its eastern border formed part of the Expansion Region's boundary with the Mid Rim.
Passing through the northern reaches of the Couronne sector, the Great Kashyyyk Branch hyperlane linked Couronne with the Umbara system in the Ghost Nebula as well as the Quas Killam system, which sat on the edge of the Mid Rim in the neighboring Terr'skiar sector. The Couronne system contained the planet Couronne, the homeworld of the humanoid Imzig species.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Couronne sector was created for the Star Wars: The Essential Atlas Online Companion, a StarWars.com supplement to the reference book The Essential Atlas, co-authored by Daniel Wallace and Jason Fry. It was introduced on October 25, 2012, as part of the "Essential Atlas Extra: Expansion Region" feature, which mapped out the sectors of the Expansion Region, with illustrations by Modi.
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First mentioned)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- sector in grid squares P-9 and P-10, which fall within the Slice region, according to The Essential Atlas. places the Couronne
- hyperlane passing through the northern portion of the Couronne sector, which The Essential Atlas, page 153, identifies as the Great Kashyyyk Branch. depicts a
- "Rogues Gallery: The Cloud City Wing Guards"—Star Wars Insider 148 establishes the planet Couronne as the homeworld of the Imzig species.
- The Essential Atlas map "Kashyyyk and Neighbors" on page 153 shows that the Quas Killam system sits along the Great Kashyyyk Branch at the edge of the Expansion Region–Mid Rim border in the Terr'skiar sector. The Expansion Region territory adjacent to Quas Killam corresponds to the Couronne sector, according to .
- Azurbani system has NOT been changed to Kiffex system, nor Ten Tempests system to Vortex system, etc.)." Jason Fry, co-author of The Essential Atlas, has confirmed the connection between star systems listed in the Star Wars: The Essential Atlas Online Companion and similarly named planets, such as the Couronne system and the planet Couronne. "okay, I specifically asked Jason. He confirmed that the names in the System column are well-known celestial objects at that location, NOT proper system names; these are not meant to create new system names nor override those from pre-existing EU (ie, the name of
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 99 ("Imzig")