The Court was held in the Galactic Courts of Justice Building. The members of the Court of Justice were selected by the Senate Justice Council from a list of nominees presented by the Chief of State and then confirmed by a floor vote. The First Justice was head of the Court, and was elected by the other members of the Court from among their numbers, who were addressed as "Your Honor(s)".
Nominally independent, the power of the Court of Justice was limited by its narrowly defined jurisdiction: to review charges of violations of the Charter by members of the other branches of the New Republic's government. The Court of Justice did not serve as the court of last appeal for ordinary civil and criminal cases; those were settled by local judicial authorities on member worlds.
The Court was led by the Chief Justice, also known as the Grand Justice. All other members of the Court were referred to as High Justice. In 43 ABY the post was of Chief Justice was held by Uved Pledesin. In 44 ABY the post was held by Tela Rovas.
- Children of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- The Crystal Star (First mentioned) (as New Republic court)
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast
- Fate of the Jedi: Outcast audiobook
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Conviction audiobook (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse
- Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse audiobook
- Cracken's Threat Dossier
- The New Essential Chronology
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide (First identified as Supreme Court)