Cova Nell piloted the Resistance transport that delivered General Leia Organa and her team to Takodana. She landed her transport outside the ruins of Takodana Castle after Poe Dameron's squadron drove off the forces of the First Order following their temporary capture of Han Solo, Chewbacca, Finn, and the droid BB-8.
Nell was a co-pilot for Pammich Nerro Goode in one of the thirty U-55 orbital loadlifter that were used to evacuate the MC85 Star Cruiser Raddus after the First Order attacked the Resistance fleet. Her vessel's passengers included General Organa and Captain Poe Dameron; it was one of the transports that made it to the surface of the planet Crait. During planetfall they were comforted by General Organa, who reflected that the pilots would soon feel survivors guilt. On Crait, the Resistance made a last stand against the First Order in an old Rebel Alliance outpost, with those who survived escaping in the YT-1300 light freighter known as the Millennium Falcon.
Personality and traits
Behind the scenes
Cova Nell was portrayed by Daniela Tlumacova in the film Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi, which was released on December 15, 2017. The character was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film. The Aurebesh inscription on Nell's pilot helmet, "Hello nasty," is a reference to the Beastie Boys album of the same name.
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition audiobook
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel audiobook
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Cova Nell)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: X-Wing Second Edition – Resistance Transport Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars Complete Vehicles, New Edition
- Star Wars Ships and Vehicles 3 (Ships and Vehicles: Resistance Starfighters and Transports)