The Crakull system was an Unknown Regions star system. It contained the planet Crakull, homeworld of the sentient Croke species, who eventually settled the Croke Reach region. By 2 BBY, the Human Lando Calrissian had visited the Crakull system.
Description[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Around 5 BBY, the Crakull-born Croke Rokur Gepta infiltrated the Sorcerers of Tund, a dark side sect based on the Outer Rim Territories planet Tund. Gepta subsequently relocated to the Outer Rim's Centrality region when he was given de facto control of the region by Galactic Emperor Palpatine.
The Human gambler Lando Calrissian had visited the Crakull system once by 2.5 BBY, coming to regard the place as nasty. At some point, the Croke settled planets in the Unknown Regions area known as the Croke Reach, including the world Explume Minor.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The star system that was home to the Croke was first indirectly mentioned in the 1983 novel Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka, the final volume in The Lando Calrissian Adventures trilogy, which was written by L. Neil Smith. The 2002 reference book The New Essential Guide to Characters specified that the Croke were native to the planet Crakull.
In 2009, the reference book The Essential Atlas introduced the Crakull system, placing it within grid square G-10. Atlas co-author Jason Fry has stated that planets not assigned a star system in a published source can be assumed to be located in the system of the same name.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka (First mentioned) (Indirect mention only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- The Essential Atlas (First identified as Crakull system)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The New Essential Guide to Characters
- Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka
- The Essential Atlas
- The New Essential Chronology places the events of Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka between 3 and 2.5 BBY. Lando Calrissian's visit to the Crakull system, as mentioned in the novel, must therefore have taken place by 2.5 BBY.
- The Unknown Regions
- Explume Minor system — Based on corresponding data for