- «How blessed I am by the Creator in being able to join you on an occasion of such spectacle and bravery. How wonderful it feels to be returned to ever-dramatic Geonosis, harsh but ever welcoming, scoured by the rays of our crimson sun and emboldened by them, blessed to have this corner of space to ourselves so that the Geonosian society has been able take charge of its own evolution and fulfill its destiny.»
- ―Poggle the Lesser
The Creator was a being spoken of by the Geonosians of the Outer Rim world of Geonosis. When Archduke Poggle the Lesser returned to Geonosis at some point after the rescue of Galen Erso in 21 BBY and spoke at the Eve of Meckgin Festival in the Petranaki Arena, where he proclaimed in Geonosian that he had been blessed by the Creator to have returned to Geonosis in time for the Meckgin holiday. He also proclaimed that the Geonosian hives were blessed to have their area of the galaxy to themselves, stating it ensured they were free to chart their own destiny and evolution.
Behind the scenes
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (First mentioned, simultaneous with Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel audiobook
Notes and references
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel
- Rise of the Separatists
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide dates the wedding of Lyra and Galen Erso to be twenty five years before the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which occurs in 0 BBY occurring to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. Therefore, the wedding must occur in 25 BBY, and Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z establishes that the Ersos moved to Vallt three years later, placing that event to 22 BBY. Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel establishes that their rescue occurred after they spent one year on Vallt, placing the rescue of the Erso family in 21 BBY.