- "Jedi are typically cremated. These ones died in pain. That is unless the Ordu Aspectu had a different tradition."
- ―Korin Aphra investigates the ancient skeletons of Jedi
Cremation was a funeral rite that consisted in burning a dead body to ashes. Following his demise during the Invasion of Naboo, the Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn was cremated in the city of Theed. In 4 ABY, Luke Skywalker cremated the armored suit of his late father Anakin Skywalker.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Dooku: Jedi Lost (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- The Phantom Menace Read-Along Storybook and CD
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Deception" (Mentioned only)
- "Bane's Story"—The Clone Wars: Stories of Light and Dark (Mentioned only)
- "The Sand Will Provide"—Star Wars 37
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars: A New Hope junior novelization
- Star Wars LINE Webtoon
- Doctor Aphra 5 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Shadow Fall (Mentioned only)
- Victory's Price (Mentioned only)
- Force Collector (Mentioned only)
Sources[edit | edit source]
- (First identified as Cremation)