The Crimson Nova was one of many chapters of the Bounty Hunters' Guild in operation prior to and during the Clone Wars, and was considered one of the most powerful. The Crimson Nova operated out of The Rig, a space station in the Stenness Node.
During the Clone Wars, the leader of the Crimson Nova, a Farghul named Mika, was approached by Kh'aris Fenn, who offered bounties on members of the Jedi Order. Prior to this meeting, when a Human named Stroth had been in charge, the Crimson Nova had steered clear of the Jedi Knights. However, Mika sanctioned these Jedi bounties, which led to a devastating attack on Jedi on Null. This caught the attention of Jedi Master Mace Windu. Windu, along with Masters Kit Fisto, Saesee Tiin and Agen Kolar, disbanded the chapter after they refused to cooperate.
Crimson Nova eventually resurfaced under Mika's lead after she returned from a stint in prison. Shortly after the Battle of Yavin, Nova members Breela (Mika's daughter), Boushh and Zuckuss tracked down and engaged the fugitive Jedi Master Kai Justiss on Garqi.
- Star Wars: Republic: Show of Force (First appearance)
- The Truce at Bakura Sourcebook (as Crimson Nova Gang)
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Underworld: A Galaxy of Scum and Villainy" – Star Wars Insider 89
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia