- "My son... Do you know what I see when I look at our family seal? I see a goal—that perfect circle. We must pull this world together—we must close the circle around Telos Four."
- ―Crion, to his son Xanatos
Crion was extremely wealthy, being the richest man on the planet. He let his son Xanatos go to train as a Jedi on Coruscant. Over the years, Crion used Telos' resources to create wealth for the planet and quickly ascended to power without help from his advisers or the Senate.
Soon, Crion had the power to launch an attack against neighboring systems. He called for renegotiations with a nearby planet, Toprawa, but it was really a ruse. Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn and his apprentice Xanatos came to supervise. Crion asked his son to join him in his plans. Xanatos sabotaged the first meeting to enrage the Telosian population. Unfortunately for Crion, Qui-Gon revealed what he knew, and the populace rose up against their ruler. A civil war broke out, and many people died.
During this civil war, Crion asked Xanatos to join him. Xanatos accepted, thus failing his final test as a Jedi. Qui-Gon was forced to send his Padawan's father to a fall onto a flaming charcoal bed, turning Xanatos to the dark side of the Force. Xanatos picked up his father's burnt ring and pressed it to his right cheek, creating a broken-circle scar which eventually became the symbol of Offworld Mining Corporation.
- Star Wars: Jedi—The Dark Side (First appearance)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dark Rival (First mentioned)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Captive Temple (Indirect mention only)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Day of Reckoning (Mentioned only)
- The Life and Legend of Obi-Wan Kenobi (Mentioned only)