Crokind Shand was a human male from the planet Nar Kanji who served as a member of the criminal Kanjiklub gang around thirty years after the Battle of Endor. He accompanied the gang's topboss, Tasu Leech, and several other members in boarding the Baleen-class heavy freighter Eravana in order to reclaim 50,000 credits owed to the Kanjiklub by the vessel's owner, the smuggler Han Solo.
Crokind Shand was born on the planet Nar Kanji and became a pit-fighter. Injuries caused him to lose an eye and his right leg, and he began wearing an eyepatch and cybernetic right leg. Later in his life, he became a member of Tasu Leech's criminal gang Kanjiklub. At some point of his life, Corellian smuggler Han Solo got into debt with Kanjklub, owing them 50,000 credits.
In 34 ABY, Shand accompanied Leech and the other Kanjiklub members to Solo's vessel the Baleen-class heavy freighter Eravana to reclaim the 50,000 credits that Solo owed them. The Kanjiklub arrived in the freighter's airlock shortly after the Guavian Death Gang, who Solo also owed money, and the smuggler found himself trapped between the two groups. As Leech and Bala-Tik, frontman for the Death Squad, argued with Solo, the scavenger Rey and the former stormtrooper Finn, who Solo had recently brought aboard, accidentally released three rathtars that were being kept on the ship. The creatures immediately attacked the two criminal groups, and in the ensuing chaos, Shand was eaten by the rathars along with all of his comrades, while Solo and his companions managed to escape the creatures on board the Millennium Falcon.
Personality and traits
As a hard-bitten member of the Kanjiklub gang, Crokind Shand was a human male who wore an eyepatch and a cybernetic right leg rigged to deliver fierce kicks. He had tanned skin and black hair. His missing eye and right leg were injuries that he suffered during his career as a pit-fighter. His appearance offered ample evidence that messing with him would be a potentially fatal mistake.
Behind the scenes
Crokind Shand first appeared in Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which was released in North America on December 18, 2015. The character was not named in the film, but received identification in Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, a reference book written by Pablo Hidalgo and released in conjunction with the film. He was portrayed by Cecep Arif Rahman in the film, but his role was not listed in the end credits.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Han & Chewie Return! (Picture only)
- The Force Awakens Adaptation 2
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (Set: 75105 Millennium Falcon)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Crokind Shand)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Geektionary: The Galaxy from A - Z
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 31 (Databank A-Z: Kaminoans–King Katuunko) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 36 (Databank A-Z: Cut Lawquane–Lothal) (Picture only)
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 52 (Weapons & Uniforms: The Kanjiklub; Highlights of the Saga: Reclaiming the Falcon) (Picture only)
- (Picture only)