- "Do the sensors detail any instances of ships jumping to lightspeed?"
"None, sir. No instances of Cronau radiation—though the interdiction field would make that a long shot, in any case."
- ―Wilhuff Tarkin and a comm specialist
Cronau radiation was a type of radiation emitted by starships upon jumping into or out of hyperspace, along with an apparent twisting of space. The Imperial-class Star Destroyers of the Galactic Empire were equipped with sensors that could detect Cronau radiation, thus enabling their crews to detail instances of vessels entering hyperspace.
- Tarkin (First appearance, simultaneous with Tarkin audiobook)
- Tarkin audiobook
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition audiobook (Mentioned only)