- "Captain, Durren reports that their hyperspace orbiter has picked up a Cronau radiation event in our sector. Confidence is high that a large ship has reverted to realspace."
- ―A comm officer to Skent Graff
Cronau radiation was radiation emitted by an object leaving hyperspace along an axis perpendicular to the object's realspace vector. Properly configured sensors could detect Cronau radiation from a ship emerging from hyperspace at greater range than would otherwise be possible, as in the case of Death Squadron's arrival at Hoth in 3 ABY.
- Tyrant's Test (First appearance)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial
- Scum and Villainy
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Strongholds of Resistance