- "Where I come from, anyone with the gall to lead an army dies a legend."
- ―Hazram Namir, on Cruvical
Crucival was a backwater planet in the Outer Rim and the homeworld of Hazram Namir. Imperial defector Governor Everi Chalis considered settling there to avoid being found by the Galactic Empire. The world was almost constantly wracked by war between various factions, including the Malkhanis and their successors, the Opaline Creed.
Crucival was a terrestrial planet located in the Tion Hegemony, in the Outer Rim Territories. It was covered vastly in yellow grass and mountains. It was rare to find any sentient species other than humans on Crucival.
- "Even after our enemies won, they still turned on one another."
- ―Hazram Namir's father on the aftermath of the Clone Wars
After the Clone Wars, the victors of the war on Crucival turned on each other. During that time, the residents had no contact with the rest of the galaxy, aside from assets of the Galactic Empire, which holed up at a transmitter tower. Off-world goods such as blasters were subsequently rare and valuable. In 6 BBY, the Malkhanis, a clan led by Warlord Malkhan, became prominent on Crucival, staking their claim to the world in a series of insurrections. The success of the clan coaxed the young man Hazram Namir into joining. After an enemy faction captured a quarry from the Malkhanis, members of the clan, Namir included, gathered at a hilltop to face their adversaries, resulting in a battle.
Malkhan eventually died, and his lieutenants each claims the warlord's cache of off-world weapons, resulting in a civil war which ended the Malkhanis. While many clansmen were forced to live out on the streets, Namir found and became a member of the Opaline Creed, a religious cult based at a cloister at the settlement Templemarch. In 4 BBY, Namir was running errands for the Creed when he encountered his father.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook
Notes and references
- Battlefront: Twilight Company establishes that Crucival is located within the Tion Hegemony, a sector that Ultimate Star Wars places in the Outer Rim Territories.
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company with the Malkhani Insurrections is set thirteen years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The Malkhani Insurrections must have therefore occurred in 4 BBY.
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company involving the Tripartite Culture Effrontery is set fifteen years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The Tripartite Culture Effrontery must have therefore occurred in 4 BBY.