- "Battle ain't started yet, boy. Just a ship headed to the tower. Get us all killed if you shoot."
- ―A Malkhani soldier warns Hazram Namir
A transmitter tower was used by the Galactic Empire on the planet Crucival to communicate with other worlds. Protected by stormtroopers, probe droids and TIE/ln space superiority starfighters, the tower could activate its own deflector shield dome as well. While the Imperials rarely left their base, TIE fighters patrolled the surrounding area.
In 0 BBY, the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry went to attack the transmitter tower, the Empire's forces there enlisting Crucival residents to help protect them. Many of the newly recruited people were killed, and most of the Imperial forces hid behind the tower's shield dome. After five days of fighting, the tower was destroyed.
The transmitter tower was located on the Outer Rim planet Crucival and used by the Galactic Empire to communicate with other worlds. The tower was protected by a number of Imperial stormtroopers, probe droids and TIE/ln space superiority starfighters, as well as a large deflector shield dome which could be used upon activation.
- "You'll see them a lot here. I'm serious about not shooting. Don't go within a stone's throw of the tower, either, no matter what happens. The offworlders in white may not come out much, but you bother them even a little…"
- ―A soldier and Namir
The Empire used the transmitter tower on Crucival by 6 BBY. While TIE fighters made frequent patrols around the surrounding area, Imperial personnel rarely left the tower's grounds. Hazram Namir, a young soldier who served the Malkhanis clan under the name Donin, was startled by TIE fighter heading back to the transmitter tower as it flew over many Malkhani warriors preparing for a battle against another faction. Another soldier warned Namir not to mess with the Imperials or go near the tower as it would likely get him killed.
In 0 BBY, the Rebel Alliance's 61st Mobile Infantry targeted Crucival's transmitter tower. In preparation for the attack, the Imperials there offered blasters to Crucival residents who were willing to help defend the tower. Namir and a band of unaligned soldiers he had recruited took up the Empire's offer. However, when the 61st attacked, Namir's allies were massacred and the Imperial forces hid under the tower's shield dome, save for some probe droids and TIE fighters. The rebels continued to rain fire on the shield dome with its artillery and the 61st's CR90 corvette, the Thunderstrike. The tower fell on the fifth day of the battle, and scavengers went to pick at the battlefield for weapons and other resources.
Behind the scenes
- Battlefront: Twilight Company (First appearance, simultaneous with Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook)
- Battlefront: Twilight Company audiobook
Notes and references
- Battlefront: Twilight Company
- Battlefront: Twilight Company establishes that Crucival is located within the Tion Hegemony, a sector that Ultimate Star Wars places in the Outer Rim Territories.
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company where the transmitter tower first appears is set thirteen years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The transmitter tower must have therefore been used by the Galactic Empire by 6 BBY.
- The section of Battlefront: Twilight Company involving the Battle of the Tower is set nineteen years after the Clone Wars, which ended in 19 BBY, according to Star Wars: Galactic Atlas. The Battle of the Tower must have therefore occurred in 0 BBY.