The Crumb Bomber was a Low Altitude Assault Transport/infantry gunship used by the Grand Army of the Republic during the Clone Wars against the Confederacy of Independent Systems. The ship's nose was decorated with art of a Kowakian monkey-lizard holding a missile and the aurebesh text "laugh this off".
The Crumb Bomber saw action during the battle of Teth and was later stationed on the Venator-class Star Destroyer Resolute during the hunt for the Subjugator-class heavy cruiser Malevolence. The Crumb Bomber also rescued the clone survivors of the battle of the Rishi moon and participated in the Battle of Ryloth.
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, a cantina on the planet Lothal known as Old Jho's Pit Stop displayed the remains of a Low Altitude Assault Transport with the same nose art as the Crumb Bomber, which the cantina's owner Jho claimed was the authentic remains of the Clone Wars era ship. Several decades later, the Kowakian monkey-lizard art logo could still be found decorating the wall of Aunt Z's tavern.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Crumb Bomber was created for the television series Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and first appeared in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars film, in 2008. It was reintroduced in 2014 in the series Star Wars: Rebels, as the remains of the gunship decorated the front of Old Jho's Pit Shop. In 2018, ten years after the ship appeared on screen for the first time, attentive viewers would be rewarded with a second easter egg: the logo art could be spotted on the wall of Aunt Z's tavern in the series Star Wars: Resistance.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow of Malevolence"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Innocents of Ryloth"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day" (Nose only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Idiot's Array" (Nose only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The Recruit" (Logo art only)
- Star Wars Resistance – "The High Tower" (Logo art only)
- (First identified as Crumb Bomber)