The Crystal Moon was the name of a restaurant opened in the spaceport of Mos Eisley following the death of Jabba the Hutt. It was established by two of Jabba's former employees, Porcellus and Malakili, who used funds stolen from the late crime lord's treasury in order to open the restaurant.
The Crystal Moon was soon widely reputed to be the finest restaurant in Mos Eisley. Building on this initial success, the two soon expanded the Crystal Moon into a franchise with locations in Mos Eisley and Mos Entha with more scattered along the Corellian Run. Through bad management and bad luck all were soon lost except for the two in Mos Eisley and Mos Entha.
The Crystal Moon in Mos Entha owed its survival to the covert patronage of hopeful crime lord Herogga the Hutt of the Nasirii clan. Most of Mos Entha, including Porcellus and Malakili, remained ignorant of the fact that the Crystal Moon was actually a front for a Hutt crime lord due to the low profile that he kept.
- Epilogue: Whatever Became Of...? (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook, Special Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- Secrets of Tatooine
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 114 (RAN4, Rancor Keeper)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia