- "It's also a colonial issue, since the Yuuzhan Vong are affecting everyone, and that's overseen by the—"
"The Csapla, yes. Your sources are correct, whoever they are."
- ―Luke Skywalker and Jagged Fel
The Csapla family, also called House Csapla, was a Chiss Ruling Family responsible for colonial affairs, agriculture, and distribution of natural resources throughout the Chiss Ascendancy. Of these responsibilites, distribution of resources to the Chiss Homeworld of Csilla the twenty eight colonies of Chiss Space was the most important. The family's homeworld was the planet Cioral. Though heavily urbanized, it was from here that House Csapla managed the Ascendancy's half-dozen agricultural colonies.
In 28 ABY, after five other Ruling Families fell from power, Csapla maintained the Chiss Ascendancy alongside the Inrokini, Sabosen and Nuruodo families. During the war with the Yuuzhan Vong around that same time, when seeking information about Chiss knowledge of Zonama Sekot and their hopes of strengthening ties between the Chiss and the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade Skywalker asked Jagged Fel for any contacts among the Csapla and other three Ruling Families who could help them to those ends. Fel refused to answer the question, on the grounds that he did not know who in each family held the rank to assist with the Skywalker's requests and was unwilling to provide the information even if he did.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Csapla family was first mentioned in the The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Chiss, a 2001 article in Star Wars Gamer 5 written by Juan Schwartz.
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic II: Refugee (Mentioned only)
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Chiss"—Star Wars Gamer 5 (First mentioned) "
- Alien Anthology
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 137 (CHI3, Chiss) (First identified as House Csapla)
- The Unknown Regions