- "Even advanced species like the Chiss had found a way to make icy planets into homes."
- ―An artist, in his journal
Csilla was a frigid, ice-locked planet in the Unknown Regions. It was the homeworld of the sentient Chiss species, including Imperial Grand Admiral Thrawn, and was part of the Chiss Ascendancy. Though largely unknown to the wider galaxy during the age of the Galactic Empire, exploratory missions to the Unknown Regions conducted years later revealed Csilla and other worlds that could be reached through cautious hyperspace jumps.
Although dangerous hyperspace anomalies limited exploration of the Unknown Regions, the occasional exploratory missions of the region conducted by 35 ABY revealed some navigable worlds—including Csilla, Ilum, and Rakata Prime—that could be reached through careful hyperspace jumps.
A part of the Chiss Ascendancy, Csilla was the homeworld of the sentient Chiss species, including the Imperial Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'nuruodo, who was also known as "Thrawn." The Chiss and their home planet were largely unknown in other regions of the galaxy. Consequently, when an Imperial scouting party led by Captain Voss Parck encountered Thrawn sometime between 13 BBY and 11 BBY, Parck instructed cadet Eli Vanto to learn anything he could from the alien about his species and homeworld.
At some point, an artist traveled around the galaxy and wrote about the Chiss and their ability to settle into icy planets in his journal. The document was later restored and published by the Graf Archive sometime after 34 ABY and included a mention of Csilla as the Chiss homeworld.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Chaos Rising
- Chaos Rising audiobook
- Thrawn (Indirect mention only)
- Thrawn audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Thrawn 1 (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Datapad (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Galaxy's Edge: Traveler's Guide to Batuu
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Dawn of Rebellion
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Alien Archive
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Datapad (screenshot)
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ According to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Visual Dictionary, the events of Star Wars: Episode IX The Rise of Skywalker take place one year after the Starkiller Incident. Since Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the Incident to 34 ABY, The Rise of Skywalker must take place in 35 ABY, while all exploratory missions into the Unknown Regions prior to that event likewise happened by 35 ABY.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Thrawn
- ↑ The Del Rey Star Wars Timeline (backup link) places Thrawn between Solo: A Star Wars Story and A New Dawn. Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide establishes that the prologue of Solo takes place six years after the formation of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY, thus placing the prologue of Solo in 13 BBY. Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide dates Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla's first meeting, which is depicted in A New Dawn, to six years before the events of the Star Wars Rebels animated series, which begins in 5 BBY, according to Galactic Atlas, thus placing the events of A New Dawn in 11 BBY. Therefore, the Empire's first encounter with Mitth'raw'nuruodo, as depicted in Thrawn, must have occurred sometime between 13 BBY and 11 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Alien Archive establishes that the restored in-universe journal discusses Poe Dameron's mutiny against Amilyn Holdo, which is depicted in Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi. Since the events of The Last Jedi take place after the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates 34 ABY, the document must have been published after that year.