- "Even advanced species like the Chiss had found a way to make icy planets into homes."
- ―An artist, in his journal
Csilla was a cold ice-locked planet located in the galaxy's Unknown Regions at the coordinates F-8 on the Standard Galactic Grid. A part of the Chiss Ascendancy, it was the homeworld of the sentient Chiss species, including the Imperial Grand Admiral Mitth'raw'nuruodo. The Chiss and their home planet were largely unknown in other regions of the galaxy. Consequently, when an Imperial scouting party led by Captain Voss Parck encountered the Chiss Thrawn sometime between 13 BBY and 11 BBY, Parck instructed cadet Eli Vanto to learn anything he could from Thrawn about the alien's species and homeworld.
At some point, an artist traveled around the galaxy and wrote about the Chiss and their ability to settle into icy planets in his journal. The document was later restored and published by the Graf Archive sometime after 34 ABY, and included a mention of Csilla as the Chiss homeworld.
Behind the scenesEdit
Csilla was first mentioned in the new Star Wars canon on a map featured in the 2016 StarWars.com article Where in the Galaxy Are the Worlds of Star Wars: The Force Awakens?. It was originally introduced in the Star Wars Legends continuity in the strategy video game Star Wars: Rebellion, published in 1998 by LucasArts.
- Thrawn (Indirect mention only)
- Thrawn audiobook (Indirect mention only)
- Thrawn, Part I (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: Datapad (Mentioned only)
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars: Alien Archive
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 Dawn of Rebellion
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Alien Archive
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Star Wars: Datapad (screenshot)
- ↑ Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Thrawn
- ↑ The Del Rey Star Wars Timeline (backup link) places Thrawn between Solo: A Star Wars Story and A New Dawn. Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide establishes that the prologue of Solo takes place six years after the formation of the Galactic Empire, which Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates to 19 BBY, placing the prologue of Solo in 13 BBY. Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide dates Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla's first meeting, which is depicted in A New Dawn, to six years before the events of the Star Wars Rebels animated series, which begins in 5 BBY, according to Galactic Atlas, placing the events of A New Dawn in 11 BBY. Therefore, the Empire's first encounter with Mitth'raw'nuruodo, as depicted in Thrawn, must have occured sometime between 13 BBY and 11 BBY.
- ↑ Star Wars: Alien Archive establishes that the restored in-universe journal discusses Poe Dameron's mutiny against Amilyn Holdo, which is depicted in Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi. As the events of The Last Jedi take place after the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which are dated to 34 ABY by Star Wars: Galactic Atlas, the document must have been published after that year.
- ↑ Star Wars: Rebellion