Culroon III was a location in the galaxy, inhabited by Culroonians. During the Galactic Empire's dominion over the galaxy, which began in 19 BBY, and prior to the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY, the Culroonians fought the Empire on Culroon III. The human male Maximillian Veers fought on Culroon III as an Imperial combatant, and the courage and cunning he demonstrated there led to his promotion to the rank of general in the Imperial Army.
Behind the scenesEdit
Culroon III was first mentioned in canon in Adam Gidwitz's 2015 children's book The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?, a retelling of the 1980 film Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.
In the Star Wars Legends continuity Culroon III was a planet that first appeared in the short story "The Promotion of Lieutenant Veers," published in The Star Wars Sourcebook in 1987. In the story, Culroon III was the site of an ambush of Imperial forces committed by the native Culroon, which resulted in Maximilian Veers' promotion from lieutenant to major.
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide (as Culroon)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- ↑ The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? states that the battle of Culroon III involved the Galactic Empire and occurred prior to the Battle of Hoth. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas placed the formation of the Empire in 19 BBY and the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY, so the battle of Culroon III must have occurred at some point between those dates.
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back