The Culroonians were the inhabitants of Culroon III. After the beginning of the Galactic Empire's rule of the galaxy in 19 BBY, and prior to the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY, a campaign between the Culroonians and Imperial forces took place on Culroon III to put down a revolt there. The human male Maximilian Veers fought the Culroonians on behalf of the Empire, demonstrating cunning and courage in the battle, which he won through the use of new tactics. These attributes led to his eventual promotion to the rank of general in the Imperial Army.
Behind the scenes[edit | edit source]
The Culroonians were first mentioned in canon in Adam Gidwitz's 2015 children's book The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?, a retelling of the 1980 film Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back.
In the Star Wars Legends continuity, the inhabitants of the planet Culroon III were a species called the Culroon, which first appeared in the short story "The Promotion of Lieutenant Veers," published in The Star Wars Sourcebook in 1987. The story depicted an ambush of Imperial forces committed by the Culroon that was repelled by Lieutenant Maximilian Veers, who was promoted to major for his actions.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (First mentioned, simultaneous with The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? audiobook)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? audiobook (Mentioned only)
Notes and references[edit | edit source]
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi?
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? states that the Culroon III campaign involved the Galactic Empire and occurred prior to the Battle of Hoth. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the formation of the Empire in 19 BBY and the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY, so the campaign on Culroon III must have occurred at some point between those dates.
- Star Wars: The Galactic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars Helmet Collection 65 (Databank A-Z: VCX-100 Light Freighter–Veers)
- Star Wars Episode V The Empire Strikes Back