- "My name is Lawquane. Cut Lawquane."
- ―Cut Lawquane
Cut Lawquane was a clone trooper who fought for the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars. Shortly after the First Battle of Geonosis, Lawquane's transport was attacked by Separatist gunships, leaving his fellow soldiers either dead or injured. Lawquane fled, deserting the army, and later married Suu Lawquane. The war later made its way to Saleucami, where Lawquane, Suu, and his two adopted children lived. Lawquane met Clone Captain Rex, who helped defend his family and home from commando droids.
Deserting the RepublicEdit
- "Shortly after the Battle of Geonosis, our troop transport got caught between two Separatist gunships. They fired at us with everything they had. We crashed. Most of us were either dead or severely injured. So when they started working their way through the wounded, killing us off, I knew there was no hope. I ran. It still haunts me."
- ―Cut Lawquane
Like all clone troopers, Cut Lawquane was a clone of the bounty hunter Jango Fett, and was bred in the Republic cloning facility on Kamino. Shortly after the First Battle of Geonosis, the first battle of the galaxy-wide Clone Wars, Lawquane was on board a transport along with several other troopers. Two Separatist gunships attacked the transport, crashing it, and proceeded to eliminate any surviving clones. Lawquane fled, realizing there was no chance of survival if he stayed with his fellow soldiers.
Lawquane eventually met Suu, a female Twi'lek with whom he fell in love and married. Lawquane became the adoptive father of two children, Shaeeah and Jek, and the four lived together on the Outer Rim planet of Saleucami, where the family maintained a farm.
Battle of SaleucamiEdit
- "So... I see the war has finally made its way out here, and I guess I can expect a visit from some droids soon."
- ―Cut Lawquane
As the Clone Wars waged on, they eventually came to Lawquane's home of Saleucami. Separatist General Grievous intended to invade the planet, however his landing craft was shot down by the Galactic Republic, forcing him and his droids to flee to the planet surface in escape pods.
As the Republic's hunt for the general commenced, Lawquane returned home. He returned to his homestead only to find a stranger in his barn. Lawquane cautiously entered the barn, arming himself with a staff, slowly raising it up at the stranger. The stranger pulled a blaster pistol on him, which Lawquane swiftly knocked from his hand, and discovered that the stranger was in fact a clone. The clone, Captain Rex, who had been staying in the barn after being injured by a commando droid sniper, immediately recognized Lawquane as a clone, and accused him of deserting the Republic Army. Cut defended himself by telling Rex his story. After the First Battle of Geonosis, he and his troopmates were injured and since clones are expendable, they were going to kill him. So he ran. He landed on Saleucemai, where he met his Twi'lek wife, Suu. At dinner, Rex started to warm up to Lawquane, although only slightly. After dinner, Cut's two children decided to play outside, where they discovered a droid escape pod. The girl accidentally pressed a button and activated the twenty Commando Droids inside. Cut knew Rex was injured, and volunteered to take on the droids himself, leaving Rex as the last line of defense for his family. Cut skillfully killed the majority of the droids, having Rex finish a couple off. As Rex walked off, Suu asked Rex if he was going to report Cut. Rex responded by saying that it was his duty. Cut got disheartened, but Rex claimed, that he could forget everything in his condition. He left, with them being equals. Rex did not report Cut, implying he was right or never told his generals.
- "Both of you, picking sides. Side you should pick is your family. No matter what. Above all else. But here you sit, bickering like a bunch of starkles over which one gets the first and last worm. You know the Lawquanes? Old man Cut, he fought in the Clone Wars. He saw the truth of things: No side in war is the right side. He did the right thing. Settled down. Had a family. Never got drawn back into the muck."
- ―Glen Taffral, to his children
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Two
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars The Complete Season Five
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Ultimate Star Wars, New Edition