Cybot was a third-degree 3PO-series protocol droid bounty hunter that was active during the years 5 and 10 ABY. Cybot had gold-colored plating as well as yellow and orange photoreceptors. The droid stood 1.7 meters tall and wielded weapons such as a Bryar pistol, an E-11 blaster rifle, a carbonite gun, and thermal detonators.
Behind the scenes
Cybot first appeared in the 1997 video game Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, with the droid's sole appearance being in the game's multiplayer mode as a playable character. Cybot later appeared in Jedi Knight's 1998 expansion pack, Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith.
Mysteries of the Sith introduced "multiplayer personalities," a form of character creation that put different playable characters under different professions. Each profession under this system had its own set of starting weapons for a match. Cybot, who in Mysteries of the Sith was identified simply as "Protocol droid," was categorized as a bounty hunter. Cybot's multiplayer model was based on the standard player model, but the model's texture was a modified version of the texture set used on Jedi Knight's and Mysteries of the Sith's basic protocol droid non-player character.
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (First appearance) (Appears only in non-storyline event)
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith (Appears only in non-storyline event) (As Protocol droid)
Notes and references
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
- The New Essential Guide to Droids refers to protocol droids as third-degree droids and states that 3PO-series protocol droids stand at 1.7 meters tall.
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith
- The New Essential Chronology places the events of Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II during the year 5 ABY.
- The opening crawl of Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith states that the game's events take place five years after the events of Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. The New Essential Chronology places the events of Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II as taking place during the year 5 ABY. Using simple addition, Mysteries of the Sith can be determined to take place during the year 10 ABY.